From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Appal Energy
Sent: 10 November 2004 21:04
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Bible, Koran & Torah Thumping,not to mention other general
sheeple tricks was Re: [Biofuel] aboutGod

Amazingly blind and foolish, humans are.

Cobb County Georgia School Board puts stickers on their biology books
stating that evolution is only a theory, all at the behest of a few
screaming meamies, and two thousand petition signers.

They're rationale? God is real but evolution is unproven.

Well now..., one must ask the question: If sufficient proof of evolution
is
requisite, shouldn't the existance of God, gods or goddesses be held to
the
same standard? Would someone please show me the irrefutable proof that
God
exists?

Now, now. You can't rely upon semi-contemporary interpretations of
written
words from thousands of years ago. That's hearsay and second hand at
best.
That would be no different than anyone quoting from Darwin's "Origin of
the
Species." Just because someone wrote it doesn't make it fact anymore
than
just declaring it.

What is required is first hand knowledge that is repeatable and
provable,
given the correct set of circumstances of course.

So given enough time (millenia or just a few biologic cycles), it's
rather
easy to prove the selectivity of nature for specific traits that are
best
suited to certain environmental characteristics. Rather kind of mindless

work. Perfectly amazing, but none-the-less simple.

But given the same amount of time, all that is evidenced relative to
God's
existance is more hearsay, first hand, second hand and off-hand tales of

miracles and magnificent radiance, but nothing tangible, nothing
repeatable,
and in many respects "nothing" at all.

It's really rather easy to feel some degree of sympathy for those who
believe but can't prove the existance of what it is they believe in.
Frustrating it must be for them. Of course, there is the age-old and
failure-proof standby that "If you don't believe me, you must be an
agent
from hell." That usually gets most people to leave them alone in their
dither.

Now please don't get me wrong. I'd bet good money that there's something
out
there that's bigger than me, and you as well. Just that virtually no-one
has
any proof as to exactly what that is. It's all "theory." And while
"theory"
is all rather nice and no doubt necessary, especially when considering
the
needy, foolish and frail mental capacities of humanity in general (see "
the
dismal, human propensity to punch time clocks and afford governments
opportunity to cast bullets, muzzles and bombs and then put them in the
hands of their children to unleash on whomever they wish"), it remains
nothing more than that.

So, while the world waits for an irrefutable appearance of the cosmos'
most
premier water walker, perhaps we oughta' either take all the stickers
off
the books, or at minimum eliminate the double standard and put two
stickers
on everything, declaring that God and evolution are both theories,
giving
evidence to a little honesty in advertising for a change.

I know. Jeers, virtual "athiesm" tomatos and fatwahs all around.

Must often times be depressing, disconcerting and demoralizing for those
who
have a belief and no proof...other than the "proof" of their belief, of
course.

Circular logic, that. A record stuck playing in the same groove, never
letting the listener/audience hear the rest of the song, much less
experience it as fully as they could...................

Todd Swearingen