Gustl Steiner-Zehender wrote:
Hallo Folks,

Wednesday, 15 December, 2004, 09:31:17, you wrote:

BN> i HAVE HAD some bad experiences with paypal and refuse to use them
BN> as well.
BN> rbury

PayPal  has  acquired  a  bad  reputation  among  many and from what I
understand for good reason.

Also,  I  don't know how I managed not to include Keith and Journey To
Forever  in  the  mail.   Chalk  it  down  to lack of sleep and health
concerns at the moment.

I believe there are some two thousand odd members of the list which is
why I proposed a dollar a person but there are not two thousand people
posting.  As  in  the  rest of life some of us will apparently have to
carry  the  others  but  it  is  something  to  which  we  ought to be
accustomed.  There  have  been  many carrying me on and off for a long
time,  Keith  and  Martin not the least among them. It is high time we
lived up to what I at least consider our responsibilities.

As  there  has been no response yet from Martin or Keith I am assuming
this  is  OK  with  them  so anyone wanting to contribute to this very
worthy  effort  could  just  drop  me an email at my own address and I
would  respond  with  my mailing address. I will also keep a list with
the name, email and amount of each donor and give it to both Keith and
Martin  so  if  anyone wants to check up on me they could email either
Keith  or  Martin and would know that their donation had been properly
distributed  and  none kept by me or misappropriated in any way.  And,
if   it   would   be   possible  US  currency would be appreciated.  I
believe  that  would  be  the  easiest and most efficient path, but no
donation would be denied.

If  the  list  is  willing we can proceed.  I am hoping that there are
more  than  half  a dozen or so of us willing to help financially with
the  truly  worthy  effort.  It is such a small thing but with so much
potential.

Happy Happy,

Gustl

Hello Gustl,
Sorry I have not replied earlier I am in the middle of 'finals season' here at the university. Finals are end of semester tests, for those who may not know.

I have also been hesitant to reply because you did leave out Keith from your email. I realize both now and then that it was unintentional. We can't forget that Keith and Midori have been doing this a lot longer and have put significantly more "hard labor" into JtF than I have.
JtF is their life!

I agree with the generosity of you and the others, I would accept money only on the acceptance Keith has for the offer, and I assume the money would be split in some ratio between Keith and myself.

Any money received by myself would only be put toward making the hardware running the JtF web page and the biofuel mailing list more reliable. As a lot of you probably noticed, both the web page and the list were down for quite some time over the weekend. The infoarchive (wwia.org) has not been updated recently because of the possibility of the database causing the server to crash. I will remedy this problem over the coming weekend. I sincerely appreciate anyone's generosity.

Martin Klingensmith
http://infoarchive.net/