Hallo Doug,

What  is  above  board and legal is that I, as head of the order, have
been  granted  the  authority to dispense funds as I see the need.  If
then,  funds  are  contributed  and  earmarked for a particular use or
cause, then that is where they go.

So  many  organizations  take  the time to obtain non-profit status in
order  to directly solicit funds from the public which will give those
donating  to  the  non-profit  a  tax incentive to give.  Way too many
"non-profit"  organizations  are  truly for profit and should not have
the status but that is the way the system works.

Our  religious  order  has no paid staff or ministry, does not solicit
monetary  donations  from  anyone  and are about as non-profit as they
come.   When money does come our way we have virtually no overhead (no
salaries,  benefits,  etc.)  and  can  distribute  them as we see fit.
But...since  we  do  not  solicit money we get extremely few donations
from  outside  the order which does not hurt my feelings at all.  Were
the  "need" of money to enter the picture it would change the dynamics
of things in a manner which would not be for the better I think.

I  don't  know  that it is all that good to be cynical brother, but it
never  hurts  to ask questions.  I can't speak for all non-profits but
know  that  we obtained the 501(c)(3) only because we thought we "had"
to  do  so.  As it turns out religious organizations do not have to do
this  but  I  don't see that it causes us any harm.  Hope this answers
your question satisfactorily Doug.  It is the best I have.  :o)

Happy Happy,

Gustl

--
Je mehr wir haben, desto mehr fordert Gott von uns.
Mitglied-Team AMIGA
ICQ: 22211253-Gustli
********
The safest road to Hell is the gradual one - the gentle slope,
soft underfoot, without sudden turnings, without milestones,
without signposts.
C. S. Lewis, "The Screwtape Letters"
********
Es gibt Wahrheiten, die so sehr auf der Stra§e liegen,
da§ sie gerade deshalb von der gewšhnlichen Welt nicht
gesehen oder wenigstens nicht erkannt werden.
********
Those who dance are considered insane by those who can't
hear the music.
George Carlin
********
The best portion of a good man's life -
His little, nameless, unremembered acts of kindness and of love.
William Wordsworth