Doug,

Good points. There are some gas stations that are up
to standard in which the owner-operators want to sell
or spin off - in ones and two...or in bunches. I was
thinking of a neighborhood gas station in which the
owner is retiring and or closed and up to par...just
looking for another owner.  Yes, you are correct that
the UST (underground storage tanks) were quite an
issue with leakage, not up to environmental
guidelines, etc.

But there are many good stations. On a much larger
scale, a major petroleum company just spun off over
1,000 gas stations to another company or groups of
medium companies.

Thanks for pointing out your correct observations.