Point of safety

>I'll build another burner unit like the adapted Mother Earth burner
described in the previous post, with a forced-air supply like the first one,
but much smaller. I've got an empty acetylene >tank

>(oxy-acetylene) about 9" diameter, and I'll use that, cut down,

I wouldn't recommend cutting up an acetylene bottle!!

Acetylene cannot be compressed safely to any useful degree on its own - in
fact the first attempt to compress it actually killed those working on the
project!!! BANG!!!!

To get the acetylene to compress it is dissolved in acetone. The bottle
actually contains felt wadding soaked in acetone that's why acetylene
bottles, when you tap them, don't ring like oxygen bottles.

PLEASE LEAVE ACETYLENE BOTTLES ALONE

Safety first!!

Malcolm