>    :-)
>    No, we wouldn't. Too many yes, but it's still rather low, IMHO. A bit
>    higher in the Internet virtual community, sadly, but not very
>    surprisingly. And rather high in the corporate world, though still
>    not even approaching a majority, I don't think. But corporations are
>    not humans. Krugman gives a good view of why it's been on the
>    increase, a good read:
>    "For Richer" by Paul Krugman
little snip
>    [2]http://faculty.purduenc.edu/arw/gbg344/For%20Richer.htm
>    [3]http://www.humanrightsmonitor.org/article573.html

Interesting tho', that the 'underclass', barely gets a mention from
Krugman.
Middle America writing for Middle America?

About a year ago, I used a community centre here in Sussex County,
england.
One of the volunteers i got talking with had just finished college in St
Louis,
US. She described how Colin Powell (US Secretary of State?) had come to
the
college to speak to/with/ students. At some point, a student stood up and
asked,
"Would you tell us about My Lai?".[Vietnam] One of Powell's aides almost
leapt to
the microphone and stated "Mr/General Powell can't answer that!" And that
was the
end of that. Someone asked another question etc..and it 'moved on' ... At
a simple monetary level Powell has assets of about $60M. A huge chunk of
this has come from
fees earned from universities, colleges, talks to conventions. He gets
protected
from the questions he doesnt want to address.
What I said before about responsibility..  The responsibility lies with
the students,
or whoever is on the receiving end not to just accept this, to ask "Why"
and keep
asking why, and keep asking the awkward questions.

Andrew Preston

--
Andrew Preston

--