>It would be utterly irresponsible if Australia do not take the
>important and necessary steps to be energy independent.
>Scaremongers tactics who use up to 80 years old American
>arguments, that was already incorrect then,  is an insult to
>the Australian people. Hearing about this kind of tactics,
>like advertising ethanol free gasoline etc. makes me mad,
>this especially when ethanol is needed to replace MTBE
>and this is in full implementation in US.

Right.  Fine.  But the problem here is that you and I and Keith are
hearing different things coming out of Australia, as to the "tactics"
that are being employed.

While I've heard a bit of the scaremongering, as with any good lie,
they are mixing enough truth or near-truth to it to make it effective.
So, I am trying to get at what is the effective part of this lie in
order to better address it.

MM

Biofuels at Journey to Forever
Biofuel at WebConX