When I lived in Illinois in the late 70's, they had just started selling
Gassahol (10%eth, 90%gas), and I started using it.  Within 2 months the
fuel filter clogged due to the tank clearing.  Just replaced the fuel
filter and all was well.  Didn't seem to be any effect on the rubber parts
at all.  BTW, I had a 350 Camaro (hopped up of course) and it did way
better on the gassahol than standard petrol.  I used to street race it
sometimes .....  but that is another story better left unsaid.

James Slayden

Biofuels at Journey to Forever
Biofuel at WebConX
http://webconx.green-trust.org/2000/biofuel/biofuel.htm