Hi David,

The fact is that California during many years have a very active
program for saving of energy. This is the reason, because if you
look at other states in US, with similar climate conditions, they
are at average or above average. Of course, a lot is AC in those
states, very much offices. If you look at statistics over the years
and growth, you can clearly see that it is man made savings.

California is the state that is and has been the most active state
in US, when it comes to energy conservation and pollution. We
had many exchange students and visiting professors from California
in the Swedish universities.

Still the Californian use twice as much energy as the average Swede.
But they are best in the US after Hawaii, which is definitely determined
by the climate.

Hakan

At 06:55 PM 1/23/2003 -0500, you wrote:
>Re:
>Californians 50%
>
>I don't want to step on a good thing, but is it 50% because of the climate,
>or 50% because Californians are
>different or more energy conscious?
>
>My gfather lives in San Diego.  He almost never has to turn the heat on,
>ever.  He only uses AC on the
>hotest of days.. perhaps 5 days if that.
>
>Contrast that to my coast, and its cold cold cold in the winter.. and hot
>and muggy in the summer where you
>might leave the AC in the car on while you tkae a shower and get ready for
>your date..lest you get all sweaty before you AC can
>cool your car.  <not everyone owns a garage>
>

>So i dont really like the 50% one..
>
>on the other hand.. THIS ONE
>http://energy.saving.nu/biofuel-sticker-3.jpg
>
>is absolutely hilarious.   and gives you the secondary point of committing
>suicide on your dependence on the pump.
>
>funny..  :)

Biofuels at Journey to Forever
Biofuel at WebConX