I you have any viable real world solutions lets hear it.
Excuse me while I put my jack boots on........

How about we hijack the mainstream media and start brainwashing people with the notion that life is not about immediate gratification. (Don't expect the sheeple of america to go searching for the truth on the internet - no they need to be spoonfed)  That there is a cost involved in everything we do, every choice we make, and that they need to consider that they might expect to live with less so that others can live with something. That we collectively in the developed world are complicit in all the death, suffering and destruction that takes place in this world, as a result of turning a blind eye while supporting the the selfish exploitive practices that bring all the above into existence in this world. That they are voting with thier dollars and currently they are voting for their own worst enemies and by doing so are creating a sense of hatred in other places in the minds of terrorists ( or is it freedom fighters I forget? ) who are attacking them as a result. Once we have people convinced to lower thier standard of living we can then mobilize them to kick the bastards out and enact a worldwide system of referendum to decide how we proceed with issues that need to be addressed. Here's a novel idea; we could even call it the united nation or something stupid like that.  Heck we could spread some nukes around so that everyone at the table gets an equal share of respect while we're at it. Yeah there's nothing like the respect you get when you pull up your chair and lay your .45 down on the discussion table beside you.  So how do you like me so far?

Jack boots off........flame suit on.

Joe