keith,

no doubt refined carbos have their health effects.  i was just referring to
the implication (whether intentional or not) that hfcs introduction is wholly
responsible for the horrible rates of obesity.  as though eating and exercise
habits, and the whole plethora of other very bad additives in our foods were
irrelevant.

i found the other posting, about the codix alimentarius, had a similarly
over-simplistic feel to it.  don't get me wrong, i don't presume to deny or
question the basic thesis.  i really don't know much about the specifics i.e.
just
what the codix is, and how the wfo or who or wto or world bank are connected.
but i *do* know that there is a pretty high awareness of health issues in
europe, and things like alternative medicine and herbal/vitamin suplemments are
pretty well accepted by the mainstream of society.  so, the implications or
consequences of these rules can't be so cut and dry (not to say that the
potential
isn't there, either).

and all of this language about 'our liberty' and 'our independence', and
references as to how this official and that other official are german, it's all
very jingoistic.  that kind of stuff just really grates with me and my
immediate
reaction is to ask how much of this article's content is disinformation or
misinformation.

anyway, enough ranting. . . .

best,

-chris