Hi All,

Do I detect the big hand of government squeezing the small business owner for corporate America here?

Tom

From: Ric Cuchetto [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: Biofuel@sustainablelists.org
Sent: Tue, 09 Aug 2005 12:50:42 -0300
Subject: RE: [Biofuel] ASTM, was ... Diesel Won't Solve...

ASTM testing is at the end of the process. We are also struggling with
taxes and licensing and posting bond related to transporting the waste
veggie oil. There is quite a bit of resistance to these technologies.
Truckers, renderers and petro companies do a much better job of lobbying
than the grass roots folks. Even forward-thinking folks trying to build
methanizers or biodiesel plants find that the insurance, licensing and
certification make it difficult to justify the costs. Let's not even start
with the transportation (fuel) taxes.

Commercialization is a big hurdle compared to dumpster diving and making
fuel for your buddies.

Regards,

Ric Cuchetto
Northern california