From: Joe Street
Sent: Wednesday, August 24, 2005 14:50
Subject: Re: [Biofuel] Iran's Nuclear Program

I admit I don't know the exact number of aircraft in readiness status, who does? They do some funky stuff that the americans are embarrased and envious they didn't think of themselves like painting a mock canopy on the underbelly which fakes out the enemy and confuses the hell out of americans who can't decide which way they are turning in combat so maybe that counts as having two planes for every one?? They are still hanging on to a bunch of ancient junk as well like the sea king, but I do know that Canadian pilots take a tour flying a desk simply because there aren't enough planes to go around.  In comparison the US pilots have their names painted beside the canopy on 'their' machine.  What term would you use when comparing the number of servicable Canadian fighter aircraft to the number in the US arsenal?  They've got a ferkin desert full of almost servicable ones in reserve as well down in Tucson I've seen them.
Sorry if I've offended any Canadians, I know our military is proud my father was air force and I also know that Canadian pilots regularly out 'score' americans in training exercises but are you going to tell me we have any chance of even bluffing our way through a conflict with the US?
Get real.

Greg and April wrote:
What number do you consider to be  " the handful "?

Greg H.