Hello there! This is the second time I post this question, since nobody responded to the first time, please advice!
I own a fairly big piece of land, in which I grow oranges, and a lot of them
fall from the trees and rot on the ground.
I have been told that making ethanol from those rotting oranges can be quite
simple.
I can also have access to an almost unlimited supply of wood chips and
sawdust from a nearby lumber yard, from which I read Methanol can be
obtained, or those can be turned on fire to run the furnaces to make the Ethanol, right?
The main use I will have for either the Ethanol or the Methanol is to fuel
a small fleet of cars that I use for traveling back and forth to where the
oranges are.The 4 cars combined consume about 50~60 gallons of fuel per
month, each. I have found in various places on the Web that Brazil has many
vehicles that come from the factory ready to use alcohol as the fuel, but
nobody seems to have many details of the systems.
I'm looking forward for any suggestions to learn how to produce my own fuel at reduced costs, in order to make my operation as self-sustainable as possible.
Thank you in advance!