That's a shame. For what they charged the general fund you should have had the real thing.
Wonder where the buckolas went.
:)

Mike Weaver <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
The food sucked. The cacapes were obviously frozen and microwaved, anf
the wine was pink Zinfandel out of a box. Nothingt to get worked up about.
The United Way always had MUCH better food at its soirees.

Kirk McLoren wrote:

> http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/red-cross-denies-tsunami-money-used-for-cocktails/2005/08/04/1123125841428.html
>
> The Red Cross has again denied that money donated to the tsunami
> appeal would be spent on wining and dining major donors.
>
> The /Herald/ reported today that donors who had pledged at least $1000
> to the Asian tsunami appeal were invited to a wine and canape event in
> Sydney last night, staged by the Red Cross.
>
> But the Red Cross today dismissed the report, saying the cost of the
> evening had been funded out of its "general operating costs".
>
> -------------------------
> The Red Cross is staffed by volunteers at the grass roots level so
> that is not an expense yet we read that
> The Red Cross, according to its Web page, gave out elsewhere
> $153,800,000 of the over $320 million donated specifically for its
> September 11 disaster relief fund. I consider that significant
> diversion The general operating costs come from contributions so for
> the red cross to dismiss the 5000 invited to wine and canapes in
> Sydney is absurd.
>
> If you would have your contibutions go to the needy and not some fat
> cat with a chauffer give to The Salvation Army or some other group
> that doesn't divert the monies from the intended recipient.
>
> Kirk

Yahoo! Mail