Sounds like my first run and I'm no expert now but ....

I had to eliminate the variables one by one......

So I got Virgin oil, Got better at titration, got a better lye (and how
to measure it!) - and Bingo there it was perfect Bio..

Make sure you measure your Lye very carefully, I found I added to much
the first time and smoked a blender but it was this and several other
blunders that have made it easier to get along with now.

Good luck!
Jim