Well there are two sides to every story John;

I'm here to tell ya I have had discussions with my daughter's pediatrician and he thinks a Big Mac is a balanced meal.  I've been told that in medical school the subject of nutrition is covered in one single course and it is mostly about memorizing the function of all the vitamins and how they work in the body.

Joe

John Hayes wrote:
Garth & Kim Travis wrote:

Doctors in this country tell
people that what they eat makes no difference to their health.
Diabetics are told that sugar intake has nothing to do with diabetes.

Kim, I don't mean to be harsh, but that is utter and complete horseshit.

My sister and her husband, both internists, counsel patients on diet,
heart disease and diabetes every single day. Nor are they some wierdos
outside the mainstream for doing so.

Here is the AMA clinical road map for *dietary* management of adult obesity.

http://www.ama-assn.org/ama1/pub/upload/mm/433/booklet4-1.pdf

Here are the ADA clinical practice guidelines for 2006:

http://www.diabetes.org/for-health-professionals-and-scientists/cpr.jsp

Maybe the white haired country docs in rural Texas are ignorant of
current practice recommendations, but I find your sweeping
generalization to be overly broad.

jh