Thanks Keith.

You wrote: "We've had these stories before from him, since end-2004..."

That seems to coincide with what I've been finding.

Mike

Keith Addison <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hello Julian, Mike and all

>You really should just ignore George Mombiot. He's just a silly little
>man full of his own importance and always has been.

Well, not really.

>He likes to provide an opinion on everything from the environment,
>biofuels, class structure, etc and I am yet to find anyone that agrees
>with his opinions.

You haven't looked very hard then. But indeed, yes, his opinions. It
wasn't always that way with him, poor old George is passed his use-by
date these days, young feller like him too. As Todd said before, he's
lost something over the years. He started off well though, good work,
but I guess it went to his head, these days he just seems to
pontificate. I wonder when he last got off his butt and investigated
something properly, actually did some research, wore out a bit of
shoe leather.

Anyway, Monbiot's just being a mug, he's not a liar or a
spin-merchant, and he's not the only mug. We've had these stories
before from him, since end-2004, and from indymedia, as Kenji pointed
out, and from New Scientist, who certainly should know better, and
others, and duly debunked them all. But who's doing the spinning?
That there's spinning being done is beyond doubt, it's even had
arch-spinmeister Alex Avery of the Hudson Institute weighing in on
the same issue. But Avery's not generating it.
[snip]