JJJN wrote:

>Excellent Piece Keith,  I did enjoy it and must agree.

    You and Keith are SUCH savage carnivores!  : - )

>  I may add to the argument that is stated,
> " primal conviction that killing is wrong. It is just plain wrong to
>take another animal's life unnecessarily; it is bloody, brutal, and
>barbaric."
>If this is true then why is the Wolf wired to kill (among so many
>others)?

    I once posed this question to my saintly grandfather, except I used
the example of dinosaurs with big, sharp teeth.  My saintly grandfather
believed that killing was not the "natural order of things", but
resulted from the introduction of sin into the world.  (This idea, by
the way, is NOT supported in the book of Genesis.  There's a passage in
Romans 8: 20 - 22 that refers to the creation being subject to the
"bondage of decay" that is often used to underscore the concept that
killing ANYTHING, including Bessie the cow and Henry the rooster, is
morally wrong.)

    So what do we do about Allosaurus, T Rex and the raptors that long
preceeded the arrival of humanity on earth?

    Hmm . . .  Maybe that's not what the scriptures are referring to,
anyway.   Maybe I'd better go back and read that verse again.  And then,
isn't there something about fishermen spreading nets along the "River of
Life" in the book of Ezekiel?  Hmm . . .  So it's morally ok to eat
fish, but not cow, or turkey?  Didn't Jesus eat lamb?  Oh, the moral
dilemma!

> Some may even say that the wolf does not kill unnecessarily.
>That is not always the case and has been well documented.  Lets face the
>facts the planet is a food chain that involves killing and we were once
>a part of that in a big way.  Only the protections of our technology can
>take us out of the cycle where we are among the hunted as well as the
>hunter.

    There's a good reason I don't go into the woods!  I don't own a gun
anyway, and I don't eat anything that had brown eyes and a mom . . .  I
guess that means I'd probably taste pretty good to a carnivore, though
now that I'm losing weight I might seem a bit bony.

robert luis rabello
"The Edge of Justice"
Adventure for Your Mind
http://www.newadventure.ca