I use my old methanol drums. If they are steel like mine then there is no "lining". you can also use HDPE drums. But steel ones work just fine. I have been making bio-diesel since Dec 01 and have made thousands of gallons..........DB
----- Original Message -----
To: biofuel
Sent: Sunday, June 18, 2006 3:38 AM
Subject: [Biofuel] Tanks for storing Biodiesel

Hello to all,
     I would like to start storing some biodiesel to be used as heating fuel this winter.
     I have two 55 gallon (209L) drums that methanol came in. They are blue tanks with "VP Racing" on them. I was told that they are only used for methanol and "are lined" with something. I plan to tee them into my heating fuel line.
     Will they make suitable tanks for storing biodiesel? I'm a bit concerned about the lining. It is apparently a feature that makes them more valuable for methanol storage, but will biodiesel dissolve it?
                                     Tom