starter motors are not designed for continuous service.

  Kirk

Luke Hansen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  I'm thinking of attempting a conversion on my 1976
Chevy 1/2 ton van. Maybe a simple 96-volt
system...series wire eight 12V car batteries that I
find lying around. The range would suck, but this is
more just for shits and giggles anyways. Also, feel
free to shoot me down here, but I've heard of folks
using their starter motors as drive motors for the
cars themselves...anyone care to comment?

Thanks,
Luke