Keith and List...1) I've read the article and tried to followup by asking the
author what legislation she's talking about, but that trail ends short of being
able to contact her, so can anyone tell me exactly what legislation we're
talking about?  I want to call my ISP and ask them about this and if they are
complying, but I don't know what legislation we're talking about; 2) No doubt
about it that a 6 year old can see through all this.  Catch this story.  When I
attended the press conference of Missouri House Rep Jim Guest announcing a
resolution to have Missouri not comply with Real ID, I was told by his chief of
staff that they had first heard about Real ID from a phone call made to their
office by a 6 year old who was home schooled and saw the voting on C-SPAN.  The
6 year old had been taught well enough to know that this legislation was not
what Mommy and Daddy wanted so she called Guest's office!!!!  Ain't that a
freakin HOOT!!! and 3) "When will the assault on our privacy and First
Amendment rights end?" The assault will stop with the implementation of Real
ID.  After implementation, there will be no more privacy and First Amendment
rights to assault...we will have let them all become as so much dust in the
wind.  Let me say that again...WE will have let them all become as so much dust
in the wind.  Here I agree with the author that "If we consumers stand by and
allow the expansion of federal eavesdropping from basic phone calls to cell
phones to emails, and now to Skype, or Internet calls, then we have only
ourselves to blame. It's time that not only civil libertarians, but Internet
Service Providers, stand up to this administration's ongoing assault on
privacy, and the First Amendment. We must consider a boycott of those
companies, and service providers, who comply with these new rules that are
scheduled to go into effect in May." Absolutely.  For the time being, until we
are told what to buy as Real ID slowly unwinds through our society, we make
ourselves heard most clearly by how we spend our money.  You've heard it
before, we vote with our pocketbooks.  So now we have more work to do, call our
ISPs and find out if they are complying...but with what legislation???? Mike
DuPree