Hi Ken Provost, I tried it in My garage.I borrowed the yeast from local
wineary. Sucrose, our regular table sugar, one pound of it will make 299 ml
of pure ethanol. yeast will stand up to 11% of alcohol concentration before
slowing down. I got got up to 95% sugar utilization after repeat
fermentation.Distilation of ethanol was done by counter current distilation.
It is bit expensive, about 12.5 lb sugar will give you one gallon of
ethanol. so we must have cheaper source of fermentable sugar. Nick Dhana