Hello Dennis

>Keith,
>I am interested in developing strains of bacteria for cellulosic
>ethanol production. Do you have a list of up to date and pertinent
>references I could have?

The list of references we do have hasn't been updated for years
because there's nothing new to add, it was "just around the corner"
then and it's still "just around the corner" (like biodiesel from
algae). Unless you want to use the old "Fuel From Sawdust" method
with concentrated sulphuric acid:

http://journeytoforever.org/biofuel_library/ethanol_sawdust.html
Fuel From Sawdust

http://journeytoforever.org/ethanol_link.html#cellulose
Ethanol from cellulose

I suppose ARS is one of the best sources for research:
http://www.ars.usda.gov/is/search.htm
ARS : News & Events ARS News

Search for "ethanol +cellulose" (without the quotes).

Eg.:

http://www.ars.usda.gov/is/pr/2007/070412.htm
Single Microbe Yields Ethanol, Plus Eco-Friendly Glue / April 12, 2007
>Squeezing more ethanol from cellulose-the basic material from which
>all plants are made-is still a lofty goal for scientists. The
>process uses expensive enzymes that are limited in their ability to
>convert stubbornly rigid plant cells walls into fuels.

Good luck.

Keith