Yes NOx emmissions can change when switching from petroleum to
biofuels.  They can go up or down depending on the specific
circumstances according to what I read. However what can be said in a
general sense is this;  oxides of nitrogen form when combustion
temperature is high enough for the reaction to take place between
nitrogen and oxygen.  I have found a way to reduce combustion
temperatures by injecting a mixture of water and alcohol recovered from
my fuel making process.  I don't have a way of quantifying my emissions
other than paying for a test but the system I put in my car can be
enabled or disabled with the flick of a switch.  If there is anyone on
the list who is willing to test my car I would be very interested to
learn what the effect of my system is on NOx emissions.

Joe