Steady Dave they are just trolling.
Unfortunately this type of "release" is taken as gospel by many
otherwise sentient people. In the Australian context too many of them
are in the public service. The context needs to be considered, we
generally represent the people of the world whose needs are being
met. Members of many of these conservation oriented groups are
amoungst the wealthiest, note the celebrities used to promote
projects like Olivia Newton Johns reafforest Australia campaign. That
less than 25% of Australia was forest under aboriginal permaculture
doesnt come into it. Australia actually has more than 25% under
forest and the tree density is often unsustainable. The real at risk
ecosystems are open woodland and native grassland. The ones that can
be preserved with good forest grazing practices. People whos needs
are met have no trouble putting millions of hectares of otherwise
productive land under carbon sequestering trees to slow climate
change. Afer all the change may well threaten their obscene share of
the worlds resources.
Having said that let me also say that we really must limit our use of
resources to what we actually need, waste does no one good nor do
practices that ultimately reduce the productive capacity of the
renewable resources that we need.
My view is simple enough, the amount of resources a person uses is
measured by their income, a cap on income limits waste.
Redistribution of "excess" income via taxation to pay for public
services that ensure an effective lower limit of income for the poor
is the most "achievable" method of redustributing income.
Not all sustainability types agree with me but its a good way of
distinguishing between the "greedy" conservationist (I like my high
income lifestyle but do these peasants have to breath so much air)
and the genuine conservationist who's political solution includes
increased taxes for incomes over double the full time male average.
Meanwhile Dave just work away on the practical solutions.
Regards from Harry

--- In [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> This is such crap.  Do all of you really believe this?  Are we all
doomed to
> eating dirt and living in caves?
>
> This is the first that I have responded to you all after having
subscribed to
> the shat line on Biofuels.  I'm making and selling Biodiesel.
There's a huge
> market for it and it works soooo well.  What, for the most part do
you people
> do?;  Believe in this Hokum about earth's short resources and
emanate death
> due to human activity?  What Crap and very unscientific.
>
> I still want to check in on your chat about Biofuel so I'll stick
around
> until you whack out completely
>
> Any questions from an actual producer?
>
> Dave Edmondson