From: "Jim Leonard" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Agreed, but even then I have to stress again that the X-Box is the first
> "console" that doesn't fit the traditional mold of console (custom
> hardware, bus, and OS; built from the ground up to be a gaming console).

True it doesn't, but I like to think of it as the reinventing of what the
Amiga was originally intended as, a game console that broke the mold, mainly
by using floppy disks to store the games instead of cartridges.  As much as
I'm loathe to grant MS any more power then it already has, I can only see
the acceptance of the x-box style architecture as a good thing, as it
simplifies everything (much like the transition to console based hardware
that most of the arcade industry went to with games like Tekken and Marvel
vs. Capcom 2).  Also, lets face it, console games were starting to get
really held down by the lack of things such as harddrives and network cards,
and there is no reason (or financial sense) in reinventing the wheel when
these things already exist.

(p.s. notice that I make no mention of my terrible spelling error from the
last post)  :-)

Karl Kuras
Visit Our House the online comic strip!
http://ourhouse.trantornator.com