That should work, I'd say. I suggest drilling the holes in at an angle,
so that water, as Dan mentioned, can't get in.

Meaning, you'd put the drill at the back of the plastic case, pointing
upward, when you drill the hole. Perhaps the side of the case used for
the holes should be a little thicker for that reason.

Uhm, I'm not quite sure I can make myself clear here, I probably have to
draw a sketch :-)

Marco