Chris Newman wrote:

Mines of Titan by Westwood / Infocom from 1989 comes to mind. The game plot
involves travelling to cities on the surface of Titan. The key city,
Procesnium, was expected to be discovered and entered via an underground
network. However, if you find the city on the surface of the planet and
attempt to enter it the game freezes and throws up strange graphics chunks
in the display window. At the time I assumed I had a bad copy, or played it
on an incompatable machine (Tandy), etc. I went back to this game, on and
off, for years but was hit with the same problem. I found out only recently
that the problem is a coding bug.

From Usenet: "Because of an obvious yet uncorrected bug, the game will crash and burn every time you enter Proscenium the normal way from the overland map. Instead, you are required to go through a lengthy lava vents dungeon to enter the city. Then the game will give you some text that will leave you wondering why the hell the bug wasn't corrected--it would've been so easy, given the plot twist revealed in the text." With this knowledge, you should go back and try to finish the game; it's a great game.
--
Jim Leonard ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) http://www.oldskool.org/