Howard Feldman wrote:

I went to the Classic Gaming Expo in Vegas in August. There were tons of 'famous' people there, including Activision's founders, almost a dozen Blue Sky Rangers (Intellivision programmers), Nolan Bushnell (founder of Atari and Chuck E Cheese, among other things). They all gave 1-2 hour 'lectures' where they told stories etc about the 'good ol days' and took questions, and afterwards they gladly autographed stuff people had brought.

Did you stop by the MobyGames booth? I was the guy wearing glasses.

So since you ask, I think it would be cool to have something like that for vintage computer games. I'd love to meet some of the authors myself, and hear some of their stories first hand instead of reading about it in some book. As far as I know there isn't a meeting like this that I know of. I don't know about the rest of you guys, but I'd be willing to fly halfway around the country to attend something like that (especially if it was in a cool place, like the CGExpo was). As a bonus some of us could meet each other in person too. Just a thought..

Well, I'll probably be at CGExpo again next year, although we may also try to make Phillyclassic. There's a show in Austin as well. As for meeting software developers, your best bet is probably the annual Game Developer's Conference, however I'm not sure how much "old" talent shows up there. -- Jim Leonard ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) World's largest electronic gaming project: http://www.MobyGames.com/ A delicious slice of the demoscene: http://www.MindCandyDVD.com/ Various oldskool PC rants and ramblings: http://www.oldskool.org/