On Thu, Apr 24, 2008 at 7:15 PM, Walton, Lynn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Does swfmill have any options for image compression?

Hmm... the reply I just sent to the other thread would have fit better here. :)

I think the compression setting in Flash only affects JPGs (where
Swfmill just takes what you pass to it, so you'd have to use another
program to compress your JPGs further if desired). I also think that
for lossless (PNG), Swfmill has to convert to a slightly different,
but related, compression. But I could be wrong here.
Depending on the image, you could try to convert to JPG, with your
compression level of choice, and see how that goes. Generally, if it's
a photo, you'll be better off with JPG. But if you have something like
a screenshot or anything artificial with large areas of a single color
and/or fine pixel lines, JPG will not only look like crap, but also be
larger.

Mark