quoting mawe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> I want to add that the PNG preserve its full alpha capabilities, though it
> had been grilled by this
> lossy compression. Means I can put something under it and this will show
> through. I can even animate
> the whole thing, continuous transparency still works.

Mawe,

Mark is completely right- SWF knows JPEG and "lossless/zlib" compression. If
there is any other format it must be new and unknown to me :)

As repeatedly explained by Ralf in this thread, an alpha mask with
JPEG-compressed images can be achieved with the mask="..." attribute. Swfmill
doesn't provide any automatic conversion (like the Flash IDE obviously does);
that was a design choice to keep the dependencies (and license problems) low.

hth,
-dan