Trivial matter, I’d say. How lucky you are:
Just be glad you’re not  Dutch living in Germany (the lady is from here),
writing on English boards. :o)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcEFn-1uOyo
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcEFn-1uOyo>

Have a nice weekend, met vriendelijke groeten
TedvG

> On 14 Oct 2016, at 07:16, Daniel Duan via swift-evolution
> <swift-evolution@swift.org <mailto:swift-evolution@swift.org>> wrote:
>
> 1. “honor” is mis-spelled in “weird queen’s dialect”.

I'm sorry, but I throw an exception at this; when you say "weird queen's
dialect" do you mean… English? I don't go around referring to the other
variation as "weird can't spell dialect" (but maybe I should) 😛
The u in words like honour is what makes it pronounced like "onner" rather than
"hone-ore", same with colour being "culler" rather than "coal-ore". Sorry but
it really annoys me when people consider the English version of English to be
the weird one, as the clue is literally in the name as to which version is
correct. This is why it still galls me that the language in macOS is "British
English" yet the other one is just "English" rather than "American English" or
whatever, it's a hideous double standard.

That aside, I'm a strong +1 for the feature 😉

------------------------------

Message: 2
Let's not promote this idea English has comprehensible and easy to refer to
pronunciation rules ;). It needs reforming :P, but let's keep it for
English-Evolution ;).

Sent from my iPhone

> On 14 Oct 2016, at 13:42, Haravikk via swift-evolution
> <swift-evolution@swift.org <mailto:swift-evolution@swift.org>> wrote:
>

>> On 14 Oct 2016, at 07:16, Daniel Duan via swift-evolution
>>
>> 1. “honor” is mis-spelled in “weird queen’s dialect”.
>
> I'm sorry, but I throw an exception at this; when you say "weird queen's
> dialect" do you mean… English? I don't go around referring to the other
> variation as "weird can't spell dialect" (but maybe I should) 😛
> The u in words like honour is what makes it pronounced like "onner" rather
> than "hone-ore", same with colour being "culler" rather than "coal-ore".
> Sorry but it really annoys me when people consider the English version of
> English to be the weird one, as the clue is literally in the name as to which
> version is correct. This is why it still galls me that the language in macOS
> is "British English" yet the other one is just "English" rather than
> "American English" or whatever, it's a hideous double standard.
>

> That aside, I'm a strong +1 for the feature 😉

Message: 3
> Let's not promote this idea English has comprehensible and easy to refer to
> pronunciation rules ;). It needs reforming :P, but let's keep it for
> English-Evolution ;).

+1
 Can you get me on that list?  I have a long list of bugs to report. :)