Hey,

> [...]
> I see it as my responsibility to know exactly what code I’m pulling into my
> package. In my view, it’s absolutely unsafe to trust other people’s code.
> Even when they mean no harm, trusting them to properly apply SemVer is the
> same issue.

maybe we should have the tooling support that? Elm does try to enforce correct
semantic versioning. Maybe swift-pm should do that too?

See http://elm-lang.org :
<quote>
Enforced Semantic Versioning

Elm can detect all API changes automatically thanks to its type system. We use
that information to force everything in our package catalog to follow semantic
versioning precisely. No more surprises in PATCH releases!
</quote>

I have no idea how well it works but if we'll end up relying on proper semantic
versioning, tool support sounds like a good idea to me.

> [...]

Cheers,
  Johannes