> On 09 Feb 2017, at 18:29, Cihat Gündüz via swift-evolution
> <swift-evolution@swift.org> wrote:
>
> @Jan: Your arguments are very subjective if not even insulting and derogatory
> to many people who invest a lot of time and effort in crafting those things
> you despise so openly. Here are just a few example quotes for you to reflect
> your language:
>
> "I despise fp“, „is so annoying“, "made Swift imo a worse language“, "I hate
> ‚modern' or as I call it ugly“, "Today’s standards are a bag of pain“,
> "crappy sites als Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Stackoverflow, add lots of
> other 'cool' sites“, "I can’t stand scrolling“, "I hate both“, "todays
> absolutely useless crap“, …
>
> Please be aware that this behavior is against the Code of Conduct of the
> Swift Community. Let’s try to stay objective and justify different opinions
> rationally instead of personally. Of course it is valid for you to say that
> you don’t like FP or that you don’t like how the world is changing in
> general. But please be aware that you have to add the reason why you think it
> is so in detail, so we understand your thinking and can overcome changes to
> the wrong direction. Senctences like „I despise FP“ without any explanation
> are not a form of constructive feedback though, nobody will learn anything
> from that kind of thing. Currently you’re merely expressing your anger here,
> no more, no less.

I don’t think he did. He expressed his opinions rather forcefully, but we all
tick different. He did not call anybody out specifically.
And just because somebody spend a lot of time on something does not make it
great. And maybe they need to hear it this way to “get the message”. Sugar
coating can do a lot of harm.

Btw: this does remind me of some of things I heard about a former -too early
deceased- leader of apple...

Rien.