> On Aug 8, 2017, at 2:29 PM, Paul Cantrell <cantr...@pobox.com> wrote:
>
> I imagine that the core team will assist in providing implementations for
> proposals that are crucial to the progress of the language and/or highly
> popular — regardless of whether the proposal was authored by the core team or
> a community member.

That is true.  Everyone’s ability to assist is ultimately balanced by their own
capacity and priorities, but I think there are plenty of examples of this
happening in the past.  Also, there is a increasing number of people — and not
just the Core Team or compiler engineers in my team at Apple — who are becoming
increasingly comfortable working with the implementation of the compiler and
the standard library.