FWIW, I can't agree that this particular subject leads to huge discussion/battle about all the access modifiers. It is just about 'private extension' inconsistency, not more. And it seems like there no(?) opinions that current situation with private extension has any sense. It really looks like a bug.

So, I'd like to ask, if it is possible, some note about the subject from core team. I hope they can revisit their decision to not even discuss *this particular* confusing case with private extension.