so, what? I'm not telling that ipv6 is impossible, I'm just telling that
there's no standard as such. And none of the big telcos would afford
building a custom solution: everyone waits for standards to be published.

Forget about PPP, the future networks are being built with broadcast media:
http://www.broadband-forum.org/technical/trlist.php