Pascal Gloor wrote:

> AC> would a presentation about Internet prefix filtering / (routing table
> size reduction) be of interest for the next SWINOG ?
>
> Sure :-)
>
> Unfortunatly our schedule is already filled up :-/
> But, one of the presentation is not 100% sure. If its discarded, you may
> have an hour or so for your presentation. I'll keep you updated.

Hello Pascal,

not that I want to complain, but the agenda in the afternoon looks
very much like a corporate sales presentation... I mean why do we
need Sprint to tell us about trends in IP networking? Don't we know
that ourselfs? I am sure their network has less than 20ms and bla
blabla whatevery SLA and blablabla... Then the overview of an GSM/GPRS
network we already had last meeting and it wasn't that funny...
Also the DDoS solutions from riverhead are nice and I bet it works
best if all ISPs would install such a box in their networks... and
then if everyone has installed it, it can also manage all the other
problems an ISP usually has to deal with... spam, lawful inception,
blocking file sharing, sending automatic invoices on behalf of RIAA
and MPAA, etc...

Yea, I guess in the end I am complaining. I personally rather have
Nicolas giving a talk about the newest security issues with our
equipement or Andre giving a talk about how they are crippling the
routing tables at Swisscom instead of having some carrier/vendor
sales reps giving a talk about their greatest and latest. I mean
this is SWINOG after all and not the conference part of Internet
Expo.

Just ranting, no personal offense! ;)

--
Andre