I agree totally with Andre, except for the Sprint stuff - if Sprint sponsors
our meeting, I'm O.k. to listen to their sales guy there.

But where has the PGP signing session gone, that everybody thought, was a good
idea?

Cheers,
Viktor

On Tuesday 25 February 2003 10:06, Andre Oppermann wrote:
> Pascal Gloor wrote:
> > AC> would a presentation about Internet prefix filtering / (routing table
> > size reduction) be of interest for the next SWINOG ?
> >
> > Sure :-)
> >
> > Unfortunatly our schedule is already filled up :-/
> > But, one of the presentation is not 100% sure. If its discarded, you may
> > have an hour or so for your presentation. I'll keep you updated.
>
> Hello Pascal,
>
> not that I want to complain, but the agenda in the afternoon looks
> very much like a corporate sales presentation... I mean why do we
> need Sprint to tell us about trends in IP networking? Don't we know
> that ourselfs? I am sure their network has less than 20ms and bla
> blabla whatevery SLA and blablabla... Then the overview of an GSM/GPRS
> network we already had last meeting and it wasn't that funny...
> Also the DDoS solutions from riverhead are nice and I bet it works
> best if all ISPs would install such a box in their networks... and
> then if everyone has installed it, it can also manage all the other
> problems an ISP usually has to deal with... spam, lawful inception,
> blocking file sharing, sending automatic invoices on behalf of RIAA
> and MPAA, etc...
>
> Yea, I guess in the end I am complaining. I personally rather have
> Nicolas giving a talk about the newest security issues with our
> equipement or Andre giving a talk about how they are crippling the
> routing tables at Swisscom instead of having some carrier/vendor
> sales reps giving a talk about their greatest and latest. I mean
> this is SWINOG after all and not the conference part of Internet
> Expo.
>
> Just ranting, no personal offense! ;)
[EMAIL PROTECTED] Maillist-Archive:
http://www.mail-archive.com/swinog%40swinog.ch/