> not that I want to complain, but the agenda in the afternoon looks
> very much like a corporate sales presentation... I mean why do we
> need Sprint to tell us about trends in IP networking? Don't we know
> that ourselfs? I am sure their network has less than 20ms and bla
> blabla whatevery SLA and blablabla... Then the overview of an GSM/GPRS
> network we already had last meeting and it wasn't that funny...
> Also the DDoS solutions from riverhead are nice and I bet it works
> best if all ISPs would install such a box in their networks... and
> then if everyone has installed it, it can also manage all the other
> problems an ISP usually has to deal with... spam, lawful inception,
> blocking file sharing, sending automatic invoices on behalf of RIAA
> and MPAA, etc...
>
> Yea, I guess in the end I am complaining. I personally rather have
> Nicolas giving a talk about the newest security issues with our
> equipement or Andre giving a talk about how they are crippling the
> routing tables at Swisscom instead of having some carrier/vendor
> sales reps giving a talk about their greatest and latest. I mean
> this is SWINOG after all and not the conference part of Internet
> Expo.

I fully agree that we dont want any commercial/marketing presentations :-)
but I have a few comments to add...

Sprint. As sponsor I think they have the right to get a timeframe for a
presentation, but for sure not any kind of marketing presentation. We wont
permit it. As always we check the presentations in advance to check their
content.

Swisscom. This would be a prestation about GSM, not GPRS at all. But this
presentation will probably be canceled as the guy is a GPRS guru and we told
we already had a presentation about GPRS. If some other people object to
have a presentation about GSM, it will be dropped (democracy :-)).

RiverHead. I saw their presenation @FRnOG and it "might" be a great product.
I think many of the ISPs will be interested to see how it works etc...

Yes you are complaining :-P but, complains are always welcome ...

P.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] Maillist-Archive:
http://www.mail-archive.com/swinog%40swinog.ch/