Hello Nik!

I cannot remember the domain name at the moment, but we had a very unlucky
case during the migration of the nextra services. I can clearly remember
that case because of the very rude language used by the ex-nextra customer.
I think, it was wine dealer or something like that.

We've informed all ex nextra customers about the planned shutdown of the old
infrastructure. This happened ONE YEAR after all customers have been
"gekündigt" by T-Systems. In the case metioned above, a person from the
company mailed to me: "plesae do everything you can to avoid a service
interruption". Unfortunatly, the person had no passwords for the domain, but
i was able to clearly identify him to be in position to give such orders.

To prevent mail losses, we've ordered the nic.ch password and "grabbed" it
in our inbound mailserver queue before it got bounced due to "unkonwn user".
Afterwards, we've changed the TEC-C and modified the DNS after transferring
the zonefiles to dns1.mhs.ch and dns2.mhs.ch.

After this, another person of the same company changed the switch data to
the old nextra servers. I've changed back and so on. I wanted to prevent any
mail losses, changed the password at switch and infromed ALL involved
persons by mail. Noone replied, even after re-sending my mails a few times.

Some time after, one of the two persons sent me a mail with informations,
how he want to arrange his hosting. Minutes later, i've sent the new switch
password to that person. Since that, i've heard nothing from that company.

mhs did NEVER changed the holder informations of a customers domain. One can
say, that grabbing the password was illegal. I would not disagree in normal
cases. In this case, i was acting on behalf of the customer, so, for me,
that's okay. Maybe some lawyers in here can give more informations on that.

However, mhs did NOT:

- stolen the domain nextra.ch
- stolen any domain of any ex-nextra customer.

Best wishes,
Matthias

BTW: Nextra (Schweiz) AG made the mistake to register some domains for
customers as Holder=Nextra instead of Holder=Customer. We've figured that
out, assured correct payment of the domains and requested several holder
changes to the real holder. (Holder=Customer). I think, this fair and
correct, the customers loved that service from mhs. Some of them subscribed
for hosting services from our company, some of them did not. All's well with
that.

M.H.

M.H.