* on the Thu, Oct 30, 2003 at 01:53:32PM +0100, Fermin Sanchez wrote:
> It's not as if I'd have anything to hide about my communications partners.

Yeah, the usual killer-argument. Sadly enough, it doesn't matter whether
you've got something illegal to hide or not, because those who spy aren't
guaranteed to not do something illegal with your data themselves. Who is
watching the watchers? BTW: http://www.bigbrotherawards.ch/

> Do you have a strong electro-magnet or a disk drive piercing unit (TM,
> just invented the thing on the fly...) near your mail servers? You'd
> need that, obviously, if a "vaudoise she-judge" (thanks John ;-) ) ever
> knocks on your door with a search warrant...

No, the trick is not to have logs, or only for a very short time ;))

Seegras
--
Those who give up essential liberties for temporary safety deserve
neither liberty nor safety. -- Benjamin Franklin