https://developer.apple.com/library/content/documentation/Darwin/Conceptual/64bitPorting/building/building.html

suggests that some flags are less useful than others in terms of warnings produced - some flags produce a plethora of spurious and irrelevant warnings

Is that maybe part of your problem?

Peter

Gesendet: Freitag, 14. Oktober 2016 um 12:15 Uhr
Von: "Manfred Bergmann" <manfred.bergm...@me.com>
An: "SWORD Developers' Collaboration Forum" <sword-devel@crosswire.org>
Betreff: Re: [sword-devel] How do you make the Sword framework work in 64bit mode? (My compiler is giving me hundreds of warnings.)
I’m also having tons of warnings when compiling SWORD in Xcode for 64 bit.
The precision warnings can be ignored IMO. But due to the sheer number of warnings it’s very hard to detect warnings that shouldn’t be ignored.

Btw: there is a Objective-C wrapper for the SWORD library under bindings/objc which I maintain and use in Eloquent.
AFAIK some form of the wrapper in used in PS.
It would be great if efforts could be shared in using only one codebase.

Manfred