For what its worth, I tested on 4 platforms:

  * Acer tablet with Android 4.4.2
  * Motorola phone with Android 7.1.1
  * Apple iPad Pro with iOS 11.2.6
  * Apple iPhone 7 plus with iOS 11.2.6

Observations:

  * Search works consistently with eBible.org modules (unlike PocketSword).
  * Poetry 2nd lines are not indented, but it would be nice if they were.
  * The app icon for Android is much nicer than the app icon for iOS. (The
latter looks more like a Minecraft monster head.)
  * I like the way columns without a current chapter to display disappear,
making a nice seamless way to display the Hebrew OT and Greek NT next to
another Bible translation.
  * Support for display of Strong's numbers and visible linkage of parallel
translations and/or lexicons where the word stem matches would be nice.

On 03/22/2018 01:32 PM, Michael Johnson wrote:
> Hello, Troy & all!
>
> After a bit of testing, I have concluded that the Bishop app is awesome. :-)
> Its current version works well on both iOS and Android.
> I like its Scripture display layout. OK, there is some room for improvement
> in poetry display, making secondary and tertiary lines indented a little more
> like the NIV and World English Bible official printed editions do, but other
> than that, most things I think of now fall firmly in the camp of feature
> addition instead of bug fixes; like maybe more complete localization to other
> user interface languages.
>
> The biggest flaw is not yet being in the Apple App Store for general use on
> iOS devices. Sure sending Troy a UDID and side loading a special compilation
> works for me for now, but it would get really tedious for Troy after more
> than just a few testers... and there are limits to how many testers you can
> have. I think it is at least as good as many iOS apps that are in Apple's App
> Store. I have an active Apple developer account, so I could submit it if you
> like, after I get back from the conference I am
> enroute to, now.
>

> On 03/01/2018 10:26 AM, Troy A. Griffitts wrote:
>> Dear team,
>>
>> You all know we've been working on Cordova bindings for SWORD for quite some
>> time now.  We now have a simple reader written in JavaScript which will run
>> unchanged on both Android and iOS.Bishop includes an InstallMgr to
>> auto-discover remote installation sources and let a user install SWORD
>> content.
>>
>> I've kept the development code name "Bishop", my favorite android (from
>> Aliens) and almost appropriate for a Bible app :)  I've also tacked on our
>> boring moniker from our Windows app, "Bishop: The SWORD Project for
>> Android".  Long name but should get more search hits.
>>
>> Basically, Bishop's UI has 2 basic modes:
>>
>>     *Reader*: which simply shows 1 chapter of up to 3 Bibles in parallel.
>>     *Verse* *Study*: When in reader mode, as the user scrolls, one verse
>> will always be active, when "Verse Study" is chosen from the menu, the user
>> can then drill down into that active verse.  Verse Study has 4 tools:*
>>     *
>>
>>         *Word* *Study*: shows the verse broken down word by word, showing
>> the original Greek or Hebrew behind each word, along with a simple
>> definition.*
>>         Commentary*: shows all installed commentary for that verse.
>>         *Witness* *Study*: shows all available ancient New Testament
>> manuscript witnesses which attest to the current verse.
>>         *Variant* *Study*: shows all variant between the manuscript
>> witnesses for the current verse.
>>
>> Other features include very basic bookmarks and search.  The Android release
>> has an initial attempt at BibleSync support to send your current verse out
>> to all your friends running Bishop on the same network (thanks Karl!).
>>
>> The initial goal of Bishop was to be the thinnest client on top of the
> [...]

signature

Aloha,
*/Michael Johnson/**
PO BOX 881143 • PUKALANI HI 96788-1143*• USA
mljohnson.org <http://mljohnson.org> • Phone: +1 808-333-6921 • Skype:
kahunapule