On 03/27/2018 06:48 PM, Troy A. Griffitts wrote:
> Let me know if 1.0.7 has troubles still on your 6.0 tablet.
<facepalm>
<headdesk>

OK, so hitting About didn't /actually/ put the app into a hard lock-up.
It just looked exactly like that, to the resolution of 50x of the
typical time frame that Joe Average expects when asking for About.

When I was getting this new tablet(*) configured, I copied my entire
module set into it. There are 450+ Bibles in there, out of almost 800
total, and the About handler is going to the trouble to crawl around
mods.d/*.conf for ALL of them. It takes upwards of half a minute, and
previously I had killed it off after waiting maybe 10 or 15
seconds...because it /looked/ like a hard lock-up when all I wanted was,
you know, About. Then I set it down while "locked up," to start writing
this email, and...

Ehhhh, OK, so Joe Average Android User is not going to have 450 Bibles
installed. But as a matter of UI clarity, I'm unconvinced that reviewing
the Description of every single installed Bible is particularly useful.
A control to get that from a displayed Bible, or from a list of
installed Bibles, would be preferable.

--karl

* Walmart special, last year's model, used mostly as a Kindle + social
media device, website order only (no longer in stores):

https://www.walmart.com/ip/RCA-Viking-Pro-10-1-Android-2-in-1-Tablet-32GB-Quad-Core/45804387