GitHub reached out to me again, that they fixed it. Indeed, it seems
to be fixed, so I have enabled the "require review", even for
administrators. Now if you want to merge a PR, just click on "review"
and click "approve". Then it will be allowed to merge.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sympy/CADDwiVD8jWxuoOUcjWg2Qfjk%3DQC8w-27RgyBLgQDNHEKxHFfeg%40mail.gmail.com.