Hi, I plan to heavily use a function generated with lambdify from a sympy
expression which has repeated occurences of some subexpressions.
Specifically it will have a lot of cosine and sine expressions with the
same arguments. I don't know if lambdify can notice this pattern and
evaluate that subexpression only once, or if it will call it (the numeric
sine and cosine functions) as many times as it appears, or if I have to
specify it somehow. I am afraid that it would mean a considerable
performance loss if, for example, it will have to call 2-3 times as many
trigonometric functions as a hand-written code, since I plan to use it a
lot. Can somebody provide me some information?

Thanks in advance :)

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sympy/aeccf597-596e-4b59-b86f-c6c91210a844%40googlegroups.com.