On Friday, 14 October 2016 15:09:46 UTC+2, Albert Pető wrote:

> Hi, I plan to heavily use a function generated with lambdify from a sympy
> expression which has repeated occurences of some subexpressions.

This functionality is available in symengine:
https://github.com/symengine/symengine.py/blob/master/symengine/lib/symengine_wrapper.pyx#L2827
(which you might want to consider if you are concerned about speed). If you
want to stay pure python and only use sympy you can look at the
source code there for how to achieve this (we are creating a closure).

Best,
Björn

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sympy/45c5d1d6-b5ea-458d-92f4-096cd4b51b8d%40googlegroups.com.