Patrick Ohly wrote:

> Huh? Then how did you sync between your N9 and the Sail Fish OS phone?
> Why does it advertise SyncML support via Bluetooth?
>
> I thought Sail Fish OS had continued to use Buteo as its sync solution
> because that's what they got from MeeGo, and there was a SyncML
> implementation for that (most recent repo probably
> https://github.com/kavuri/buteo-syncml). If that's the code, then it has
> been "in progress" for several years now.

I had the same impression.

> During all that time, SyncEvolution has had a functional SyncML
> implementation and backends for the PIM storage in MeeGo...

Here is what they said:

Sync via Bluetooth isn't well supported at the moment. We allow importing
contacts from another device, and adding capability to import calendars via
Bluetooth is work-in-progress (see
https://git.merproject.org/mer-core/buteo-sync-plugins/merge_requests/1 and
MER#1222 for that), but true synchronisation via Bluetooth is significantly
more difficult to achieve with the current stack.

https://together.jolla.com/question/46789/when-can-we-get-pim-functionality-on-par-with-n9/?comment=151330#comment-151330

I guess I have to wait, or get involved. I asked why not use syncevolution?
but still it would need a backend ... I don't know when I'll be able to
have a look into the sdk and mer

regards